The Tax Collector is an elected position held for a four-year term. It is the responsibility of the Tax Collector to send out bills for Real Estate taxes for the County, Township and School District and to collect payment of these taxes, keeping accurate records and distributing the funds collected to the various taxing bodies.
“Can I prepay my 2018 Bedminster Township/County/School Property Taxes?”
The answer: NO
Based on recent news coverage, the Bedminster Township Tax Collector has received numerous inquiries from residents regarding their ability to prepay their 2018 property taxes prior to the end of 2017. By order of the Bucks County Director of Finance & Administration, Bucks County Tax Collectors cannot accept prepayment of any 2018 real estate taxes. Likewise, the Bucks County Treasurer will not accept prepayment of taxes. The Board of Commissioners have not approved the 2018 millage rate and the Board of Assessment will not be certifying the 2018 assessments until January 31, 2018. Real estate taxes are not due and payable until March 1, 2018.
Therefore, the Bedminster Township Tax Collector cannot accept prepayments of 2018 real estate taxes.
- NEW THIS YEAR . . .
- At www.paylocalgov.com/BedminsterTwp, you can now pay your real estate taxes on line with a credit card (2.49% fee); debit card (1% fee) or e-check ($1.95 fee). Cash or check (made payable to Patricia S. McVaugh, Tax Collector) also accepted.
- The Tax Collector’s 2017 collection hours will be at the Township Building, 432 Elephant Road as follows:
Saturday, April 21st and April 28th, 9:00 – 11:00 am
Monday, April 23rd and April 30th, 5:00 – 6:00 pm
Thursday, April 19th and April 26th, 5:00 – 6:00 pm
- Please note due dates for County/Township real estate taxes are:
By April 30th to pay at 2% DISCOUNT
By June 30th to pay at FACE
After June 30th, a 10% PENALTY IS INCLUDED
- Contact Information for the Tax Collector is as follows:
- Patricia S. McVaugh
- P.O. Box 1266
- Dublin, PA 18917
- Physical Address: 6 Hughes Lane, Perkasie, PA 18944
- Phone/FAX: 267-871-5379
- Email: BedminsterTaxCollector@comcast.net
- CURRENT MILLAGE:
- 2016 Township: 7.50 mills
- 2016 County: 23.20 mills
- 2015-2016 School: 132.0855 mills
- TAX CERTIFICATION requests accepted via email, fax or mail.
- Certification: $35 fee
- Duplicate bill: $10 fee
- PLEASE NOTE: The Tax Office will be closed for vacation from July 14th through 24th, 2017 Sorry for any inconvenience.